What you’ll learn in Travel Writing: Explore the World & Publish Your Stories!
- Learn how to write engaging travel stories that readers (and editors) will enjoy.
- Master writing techniques that immediately engage readers, keep them engaged throughout the story, and leave them satisfied at the conclusion.
- Combine the various elements that go into making a great travel story — the setting, people, events, and unique emotions we encounter on the road.
- Recognize the key distinctions between travel journaling and writing travel stories for others to enjoy.
- Travel with the mind of a storyteller.
- Include colorful characters in your travel stories, and learn the rules and best practices for dealing with quotes and writing dialogue.
- When you travel (even if you’re an introvert), find easy and comfortable ways to connect with people so you can have richer, “story-worthy” experiences.
- Know what to leave out of your stories and how to pace your action to keep readers engaged.
- Break free from travel writing cliches and tell stories that are uniquely yours.
- Discover the two major blunders that prevent new freelance writers from getting published, as well as simple ways to avoid them.
- Even if you’re new to pitching stories to editors, you should be aware of the various methods and strategies available.
- Your travel stories should be published in blogs, newspapers, magazines, and books.
- The desire to improve your writing skills and share stories about your travels, whether near or far away.
- A passion for writing, even if it can be exhausting at times.
- (You don’t have to be a native speaker to understand what’s going on!) A good command of the English language.
A bestselling travel author, professional writing coach, and former website editor for Rick Steves’ Europe will be teaching this course.
Become a travel writer is a dream for many people.
This course will show you how to make your dream come true.
Learn how to write captivating travel stories that readers (and editors) will enjoy, and how to sell your stories to newspapers and magazines.
Hello, my name is Dave Fox, and I’m a freelance travel writer, bestselling author, and writing and creativity coach. I’ve worked as a freelance travel writer, workshop presenter, and international tour guide in more than 50 countries, and I help people write incredible stories about their adventures.
You’ll gain a clear understanding of the techniques professional writers use to write captivating travel essays, and you’ll discover your own, unique writing voice if you follow these lessons. You’ll learn skills you can use right away – and skills that will evolve and get even better as you keep writing. You’ll gain a clear understanding of the techniques professional writers use to write captivating travel essays, and you’ll discover your own, unique writing voice if you follow these lessons.
If you want to be a great travel writer, you must also be able to have big adventures – because those adventures will inspire your most daring stories. So I’ll also share my tips on how to make exciting things happen when you travel – how to find richer cultural experiences and more meaningful personal encounters in the places you visit (even if you’re an introvert!)
Many people try to break into travel writing, and those who don’t succeed usually blame it on a lack of talent – but this isn’t always the case; the real issue is that they’ve developed a set of habits that are causing their writing to suffer.
I’ve identified a series of common mistakes beginning writers make over the two decades I’ve been teaching travel writing workshops, and these habits are easy to correct once you know how to spot them in your own work, which this course will teach you how to do.
True or false: Only a few fortunate people are able to make a living as travel writers.
A: False! “Luck” has no bearing on it!
That is not how talent works.
You have all the brain cells you need to become a successful writer if you’re smart enough to understand this webpage; however, doing it on your own is difficult; success will come more quickly if you have a teacher, a mentor, to guide you along the way.
I also believe that learning is more effective when it is enjoyable, so I guarantee that my lessons will be lively, even a little goofy at times, and never boring. (And if you don’t agree, if you don’t feel you’ve gotten your money’s worth after enrolling in the course, Udemy offers a 30-day, no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee. You have nothing to lose!)
Check out some of my other Udemy courses:
“(Dave is) the most talented, funny, approachable, and structured writing teacher I’ve ever had.”
– From Surrey, England, Leslie
– David Stanley, author of Moon Handbooks: Travel Guide to the South Pacific
Dave Fox’s work has appeared in Rick Steves’, Lonely Planet’s, and Travelers’ Tales’ books, as well as numerous newspapers and magazines across four continents.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Among the thousands of courses on Udemy, this travel writing course has been ranked #4 on Buzzfeed’s list of “23 of the Coolest Udemy Online Classes.”
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to break into freelance travel writing – beginning and intermediate travel writers, as well as advanced writers in other genres who want to expand their repertoire.
- Aspiring authors
- Local adventurers and world explorers
|File Name :||Travel Writing: Explore the World & Publish Your Stories! Free Download|
|Genre / Category:||Lifestyle|
|File Size :||1.21 gb|
|Publisher :||Dave Fox|
|Updated and Published:||24 Oct,2021|