What you’ll learn in Helm – The Kubernetes package manager hands-on course
- Minikube is used to deploy Helm on Kubernetes.
- Automating popular app deployments with Helm repositories
- Making your own Helm repositories and charts
- Discover how to use Helm to safely rollback failed deployments.
- Helm can be integrated with Jenkins, Github actions, and Bitbucket pipelines, among other popular CI/CD tools.
- Using the Go template engine, you can build powerful Helm templates.
- Automate complex tasks with Helm plugins.
- Create your own Helm plugins to meet your unique Requirements.
- Access to a Kubernetes cluster (in the labs, we use minikube) on an administrative level
- Kubernetes and kubectl commands are fundamental knowledge.
- Linux and shell experience are required.
- Basic Docker commands are familiarity
- Understanding the YAML format at a fundamental level
- On a laptop, go over the course material and practice the commands with me.
Deployments, Services, Ingresses, ConfigMaps, and other Kubernetes manifest files are all packed into a Helm chart, which can then be deployed to a Kubernetes cluster using apt-get in Ubuntu or brew on macOS.
You’ll have a working knowledge of Helm after completing this course, and you’ll be able to automate the most complex Kubernetes deployments and contribute them to the community, in addition to using ready-made Helm Charts to automate day-to-day deployments.
To get the most out of this course, I strongly advise you to open your laptop and complete the labs that I discuss in class; there’s nothing like getting your hands dirty to learn a new tool or technology, and by the end of it, you’ll be able to develop, apply, maintain, and even share your own Helm charts.
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring DevOps students who want to add Helm to their tool sets
- Ops staff who need to speed up and control complex Kubernetes deployments
- Developers who are tasked with deploying their apps to Kubernetes and need to automate the process
- Kubernetes students who want to get hands-on experience with Helm
- IT managers who need to assess the value of Helm as a tool to be adopted in their teams
|File Name :||Helm – The Kubernetes package manager hands-on course Free Download|
|Genre / Category:||Development|
|File Size :||1.82 gb|
|Publisher :||Ahmed Elfakharany|
|Updated and Published:||24 Oct,2021|