What you’ll learn in Conflict Management with Emotional Intelligence
- Recognize why some conflict is to be expected in healthy relationships and why it is a necessary part of the process.
- Contrast and compare the various conflict resolution modes.
- Examine your own conflict management style and how it aids or hinders your conflict resolution.
- Explain the difference between emotional and rational conflict responses.
- Determine your time-management and work-related behavioural preferences, as well as how they affect your flexibility.
- Develop conflict-resolution strategies and ideas.
- Learn how to use emotional intelligence to resolve conflicts and strengthen emotional bonds.
- You should be interested in emotional intelligence and have a basic understanding of it, but you don’t need any prior knowledge or experience to benefit from the course.
- A desire to recognize and comprehend the various sources of conflict.
- A desire to learn more about how people interact with one another and how to improve them.
- You must be willing to participate in the practical activities in order to improve your emotional intelligence.
Conflict and disagreements are a natural part of everyday life because there isn’t enough of everything everyone wants, including money, goods, services, power, possessions, time, and so on.
There is a risk of conflict when something exists and multiple people want or need it.
It is not that conflict occurs; it is how it is managed that is the issue.
This course is about proactively working with others in ways that will help you communicate more effectively as you work with them to understand and work through differences that lead to conflict, as well as the skills, processes, and tools taught in this course can be applied to other aspects of your life.
You will have the opportunity to complete a questionnaire that will provide you with insight into the mode / style that you prefer to use in conflict situations. Completing this practical activity will allow you to identify ways to reframe and defuse conflict, resulting in more productive outcomes and results.
You will be able to do the following after finishing this course:
This is a stand-alone course for anyone interested in learning how to manage, work with, and resolve conflict, and it complements other courses that go into greater depth on emotional intelligence.
The course consists of a series of lectures with detailed course notes, as well as a series of interactive exercises that include some group activity and reflection.
It is part of our advanced emotional intelligence course, which is endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management, and consists of a one to two day workshop that is equivalent to 8 to 12 hours of training.
There are SEVEN practical activities in the course that will help you understand conflict management and how to improve working with conflict and develop your emotional intelligence in the workplace. They all require you to engage with your team and do some work outside of the course.
Who this course is for:
- This course will support the development of your emotional intelligence. It will be of interest to you if you are looking to develop an understanding of conflict, the issues involved and ways to resolve conflict effectively.
- This course will support anyone who is regularly involved in managing or resolving conflict.
|File Name :||Conflict Management with Emotional Intelligence Free Download|
|Genre / Category:||Business|
|File Size :||0.99 gb|
|Publisher :||Robin Hills|
|Updated and Published:||25 Oct,2021|